Headquartered in Taiwan with a Regional and Global Reach
Balanced investment, Sound Management; Support Innovation, Long-Term Commitment
Founded in April 2003, Cathay Venture Inc. (“Cathay Venture”) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Cathay Financial Holding Co., Ltd. (“Cathay FHC”). We are a venture capital that focuses on investing in companies with growth potential and we are committed to work with our portfolio companies to help them realize their highest potential.
Cathay FHC (TSE:2882) is the holding company of the largest financial services group in Taiwan (“Cathay Group”). It is also a full-service financial institution with businesses in insurance, securities and banking. Through a comprehensive sales network comprising over 700 branches and 20,000 sales representatives combined with a robust cross-selling strategy, Cathay FHC has built a financial services network that provides more than 10 million customers with a one-stop shop for all of their financial services needs.
Cathay Venture is an Evergreen Fund with a flexible investment mandate that allows us to invest in seed, growth and/or late stage companies.
Cathay Venture has invested in about 300 companies to date. With extensive experiences in investing and working with private companies, Cathay Venture seeks to add value to its portfolio firms through a collaborative approach, provides assistance in the management and operations of the portfolio companies and, where appropriate, connects the portfolio companies to the wider resources and network of the Cathay Group. Cathay is able to offer rich marketing resources, distribution channels, customers and data that could assist in refining/improving the features of the offerings of our investment partners.
- Other Quality Firms in Taiwan:
- We invest in teams and companies that are devoted to the development of technology or business models that can be used or applied to provide innovative financial services and/or products.
- We are particularly interested in the following areas:
- Data analytics technologies and data driven business models
- Payment platforms and technologies
- UI/UX and unique customer engagement models
- Wealth management/robo-advising
- Lending platforms
- Cyber Security
- Banking process optimization(supply chain financing, exchange technology and/or wealth management)
- Risk management
- With a policy focus on healthcare and the issues associated with the aging population, we will continue to expand our investments in Biotechnology, focusing on:
- Pharmaceutical: We invest in first-in-class, biosimilar and generic drugs from pre-clinical to phase 2. To reduce the risks in the development phase, we prioritize the evaluation of firms with products that qualifies for expedited approval process or orphan drugs. We specifically interested in drug developments in new drugs and/or cure for immuno-therapy, cancer-therapy, diabetes, mellitus, Alzheimer disease and rare-disease.
- Medical Devices and Equipment: We look for high-end class I/II medical devices and/or equipment that have achieved prototype, clinical proof-of-concept stage or early-commercial phase with their target market in global.
- Trends: We also invest in the areas of precision medicine, genes therapy and protein new drugs.
- We are particularly interested in companies that meet the following criteria:
- Compelling Innovation: Unmet medicals that with strong intellectual properties
- Management Team: Proven track records and serial entrepreneurs
- Reasonable Valuation
- Investment Stage: Clinical stage or proof-of-concepts with safety and tolerability data
- Exit Strategy: Either through IPO or M&A in 3 to 5 years
3.Other Quality Firms in Taiwan:
- We also monitor Taiwanese firms in the following fields: the Internet of Things, Smart Machinery, Circular Economy, supply chain of the electronic components, hidden champions and companies with upgrading potential with the introduction of new technology.
- We are looking for domestic or offshore companies that are interested in expanding in the auto parts, education, medical and consumer markets in China and any other business opportunities connected to, or arising out of, the two-child policy.
- We focus on companies who are interested in the ASEAN markets with a focus on consumer spending, export, and firms with products/services that utilize local resources.
- Through our collaboration with global investors, we will look at other overseas investment opportunities referred by our strategic partners around the world.
Electronics and Software
Automobile and Motorcycle
Cultural and Creative
For submission of your business proposal or resume,
please send the email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cathay Venture Inc.
Add: Room B2, 7F., No.68, Sec. 5, Zhongxiao E. Rd., Xinyi Dist., Taipei City 11065, Taiwan, R.O.C.